Last Updated on: October 24th – 2018
Welcome to booking.rent, the last destination for a well-deserved vacation.
- The Website’s Privacy Practices when handling your Personal Data
- The Website’s Sources on collecting of your Personal Data
- The Website’s method of processing of your Personal Data
- Legal Basis
- Abuse Concerns and Sharing of your Personal Data in some instances
- While pursuing legitimate interests of the Service, Booking.rent may disclose your personal information in the range which as necessary under applicable law, in connection with any current or future legal proceedings in order to constitute or defend its legal rights or positions in a civil, penal or criminal matters.
- rent, on demand by state authorities and a valid document obliging the Service to disclose your information, the Service may further disclose your personal information upon such request in a range and manner prescribed by applicable law.
- Your Data is your Right
- Data Collection and Data Usage
- Any Data We gather through our Website or Concierge Service may be processed for the purposes as stated in this subsection. We may process certain data in connection to your personal profile (such as: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth,), data in connection to our services (data we have collected in order to provide you with our services), publication data (we may process information from your User Submissions), enquiry, correspondence and notification data (any data you provide our Concierge Service with in any enquiry you submit to us, for example, or by your consent to opt in to subscription for newsletters or promotional e-mails), your transaction data (information in relation to transactions, without exclusion to purchases of goods and services, that include your contact details and transaction details).
- Execution of Agreement with You (for example, if you enter into an Agreement with Booking.rent, we will use your Personal Data such as your Name, Address of Residence, Contact Number, postal Address or e-mail, to contact you and to fulfill any obligation we have under such Agreement)
- Handling and Processing your payments (for example, if the Service requires you to submit a payment, you shall be prompted to a secure server, in which you can input your billing details)
- Providing you with access to your User Account and User Account Settings (for example, if you are a registered User on our Service, you may change certain privacy settings manually, or request from Us to do so on our Customer Support e-mail)
- Send you occasional Newsletters or other periodic publications you have subscribed to (for example, you find our Offers interesting, and wish to be updated with new products and services that We have to offer)
- Your Rights
Your personal data is your right, and our obligation is to be transparent about the way we may use it for the purposes of providing our services to us. We have compiled a list of your rights that you may exercise at any time. For more information, please send us a question on our Customer Support e-mail, or inform yourself about your rights in-depth by reading the new privacy regulations. You may exercise the rights included below by sending a notice to us at any time:
- Right to Access – You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information (which includes details of the purpose of processing, categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data). Where there is no legal constraint, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, with the additional copies being subject to a reasonable fee.
- Right to Rectification- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- Right to Erasure – In certain cases, you have the right to erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right of Processing Restriction – In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- Right to Object Processing
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- Right to Data Portability – To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your Data is: – consent; – necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are the party, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, provided that there are no legal restrictions as foreseen by privacy regulations.
- Right to a Complaint to a Supervisory Authority – If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – In cases in which the legal basis for our processing of your Data is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- Your Options
Although some aspects of Data Usage may not be regulated by applicable law provisions that we are obliged follow, Users still have certain options when it comes to their Personal Data Usage. Aside from your rights granted to you by applicable law provisions, you have further options when it comes to your Personal data. Certain advertisement mechanisms may be opted out from manually, such as your opt-out from seeing advertisements provided by Google – for more information please see: support.google.com/accounts/answer/2662856#everywhere . We may offer periodic newsletters that you may sign up for, and unsubscribe from at any moment by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button. Please note that we may send you an e-mail asking you to confirm unsubscribing from our newsletters. Certain cookies may be limited or deleted from your static or mobile device by using your browser settings.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your static or mobile device’s website browser, or that may be stored locally on your device when you visit our Website. A cookie file contains an identifier, which is a string of letters and numbers that are sent back each time a browser requests a page from the server. Cookies are divided into session cookies (which expire at the end of the user session – i.e. at the time of closure of your device’s website browser), or persistent cookies (which expire at their designated expiry date, unless deleted prior to such date). Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
You can manage your cookie preferences manually, by sending us a request on our Customer Support e-mail at (customer support e-mail). Most browsers that are used by Users allow for User to refuse or accept cookie usage, or to delete the cookies from the browser memory. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies on certain browsers on the following links:
- Storage of Data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain your personal data for a minimum period of 1 years following registration time, and for a maximum period of 2 years following registration time. In some cases, namely when it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the period of retention of personal data as determined on our behalf. We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are the subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another third party.
- Contact Us
|Website Operator:||Emilio Bertetto|
|Place of Business:||6 Via Spendas 7031 Laax, Switzerland|
You may contact us in any of the manners you deem fit, as described below:
- Using our Website Contact form, found at rent/contact/
- By Post to the Company’s Place of business, located at 6 Via Spendas 7031 Laax, Switzerland
- Contacting our Support Concierge e-mail at: email@example.com